Greetings from the Southeastern Employment & Training Association (SETA). I have the pleasure of serving as the President of the organization in this time of challenge and opportunity. SETA is comprised of a total of 20 volunteer Board members who are dedicated to creative strategies in support of SETA’s mission and vision for the association. SETA continues to strive to leverage innovation and technology in meeting the needs of our members in the Southeast Region and beyond.
SETA is genuinely concerned about your safety and health during this COVID-19 pandemic. As we prepare to offer a mixture of virtual and in-person trainings, we will continue to follow the CDC recommendations and communicate with the local area health departments to ensure all safety precautions are adhered to during all events. The SETA board and program planning committee will identify ways to incorporate social distancing measures, including contactless registration, limiting meeting room capacities, etc. during conference operations.
We will present educational training that will focus on Partner Programs, WIOA Performance, Program Performance Outcomes, Sector Strategies, Business Development, Economic Development, Career Center Operations, Finance, Project Management, Professional Development and much more. Stay tuned to the Southeastern Employment & Training Association website for various updates.
SETA’s key goals update
- Expand the association to encompass the larger and evolving workforce development system.
- Provide members with access to real time information, solutions and best practices through networking and a variety of communication platforms.
- SETA has implemented the use of Cvent which allows for more web-based interaction.
- Reflect the diversity of the SETA membership and balance fresh ideas and new energy with experience and organizational knowledge through a strong, active board.
- New board members are from partner agencies such as Youth Build and Department of Corrections.
- Exceed members’ expectations as an innovative, adaptable, and flexible resource in an ever-changing world as the nation’s premier regional workforce development association.
- In lieu of the Fall conference, SETA will host various webinars to provide the up-to-date information on USDOL funding and Partner Programs.
As a SETA member, you have access to an interactive membership database enabling you to stay in touch between conferences or search for other members in your field. Contact information for exhibitors who attend the conference or support the organization can be accessed on the website. I would like to extend an official invitation to join or renew your membership today to take full advantage of all the perks offered to our SETA members.
I look forward to your participation in webinars and the Florida Spring Conference March 14-17, 2021.