SETA 2020 Spring Conference
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Call for Workshop Proposals
Please join the Southeastern Employment and Training Association (SETA) for the 2020 Spring Conference. The Program Planning Committee is now accepting workshop proposals for the SETA 2020 Spring Conference to be held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, March 8-11, 2020. Presenting at a SETA conference provides opportunities for workforce development professionals to establish and promote their expertise in the field, create business development opportunities, and enhance one's own professional development as a presenter and influencer. The deadline for proposal submissions is Friday, October 11, 2019, 5:00 PM EST. Please use the following links to complete the proposal submission:
Online Workshop Submission Form
Conference Reimbursement Guidelines
Submissions meeting the following parameters will be evaluated against other proposals and conference objectives by the SETA program planning committee for inclusion in the fall conference workshop schedule:
- Proposal content design should be flexible to fill a 60 to 90 minute workshop time slot.
- Workshops should contain substantive, meaningful content consistent with the description provided in the online workshop submission form.
- As a non-profit professional organization, SETA is cost conscious in the selection process related to requests for fees, honorariums, and expense reimbursements. The presenter should give careful consideration to those requests utilizing other financial resources to facilitate participation to the greatest extent possible.
- Workshop design should allow for attendees to exchange ideas and opinions and ask questions regarding the topic being presented.
- Workshops should not be used to promote, market, or sell a specific product or service
- Workshops should utilize engaging presentation techniques and reference materials.
- Presenters must provide an electronic version of their presentations two weeks prior to the conference.
- The program committee desires high-quality programs representing good value for its membership.
A wide variety of workforce development proposals, including professional/personal development, will be considered. However, topics of particular interest for the spring 2020 conference include the following:
- Integration and leveraging of partner programs (adult education, technical college system, Wagner Peyser, vocational rehabilitation, etc.) with WIOA.
- Successful program designs and strategies that yield high numbers of participants and exceptional performance in WIOA dislocated worker, adult, and youth areas.
- Performance management strategies-managing programs for high performance.
- Exemplary one-stop operations.
- Business and private sector service strategies.
- Sector strategies.
The Program Planning Committee will meet November 1, 2019, to develop the agenda. Speakers will be notified via email by November 22, 2019, of the status of their submission(s). For questions or status update, please email SETA Staff.
Thank you to the following sponsors for generous contributions to the 2019 Fall Conference.
Rescare Workforce Services
Atlanta Gas Light
Membership Renewals for 2019-2020 are now available.
Click here for online renewal and purchase of a new membership for individuals or boards.
Click here for the hard copy individual membership form.
Click here for the hard copy board membership form.