Tuesday, June 8 and Wednesday, June 9, 2021
1:00 – 5:00pm
This course will provide instruction on the use of Match*Pro linkage software developed by IMS, Inc. Attendees will learn about probabilistic record linkage concepts, receive instruction on Match*Pro software functionality, perform test linkages and explore the system capabilities.
- Ensure shared understanding of basic linkage concepts
- Provide instructional overview of Match*Pro functionality
- Give attendees hands-on experience working with test data
- Increase knowledge of and familiarity with Match*Pro
Participants should come to the workshop with the Match*Pro software pre-installed on their PC or laptop. It is highly recommended that participants have access to 2 monitors: 1 for displaying the instructor’s screen and another for the usage of Match*Pro. Course materials (slides, test data files, configuration files, etc.) will be provided to attendees prior to the workshop.
We will provide some background information on probabilistic record linkage theory, conduct a hands-on exercise to teach users how they can utilize Match*Pro’s validation engine to improve the quality of their linkage data and explore the basic functionality and options that are available to users on the linkage configuration and linkage results screens with guided tours and hands-on exercises. We will close out the session with a review of Match*Pro’s more advanced/niche features.
- •Castine Clerkin, North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
- •William R Howe, Information Management Services, Inc.
- •Rich Pinder, Los Angeles Cancer Surveillance Program - USC