The AAEES Center
Announcement from Kristin Morico, AAEES President
September is fast approaching. For the Academy, that means we will soon be sending out renewal notices to all of you who participate in the Academy programs as board-certified individuals or as members, young professionals, and emeritus members.
The fiscal operating model of the Academy relies on the annual renewal of certifications and other memberships for over 70% of its overall funding. This model has been in effect since the inception of the Academy. Academy annual budgets are defined and approved by the Board of Trustees with input from the Finance Committee, ensuring that the Academy delivers excellent value within the boundaries set by our fiscal limitations.
At the most recent Board meeting, held in April 2019, there was extensive discussion of the Academy's finances and the options available for ensuring the future financial health of the Academy. At the conclusion of this discussion, the Board of Trustees - by acclamation - authorized the following changes in the annual certification and membership fees:
- board-certified individuals fees: increase from $200 to $225
- members and young professional fees: increase from $115 to $125
- emeritus fees: increase from $75-$85
These changes will be reflected in the renewal notices that will be going out in September. As an FYI, the last increase was implemented four years ago in 2015.
The increase will translate to additional operating funds that will enable us to continue building programs and related activities for the environmental engineering and environmental science professions.
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to adding to the Academy's track record of being a unique and valuable resource for the AAEES community.
Kristin Morico, P.E., BCEE
President, American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists
2020 Specialty Certification Renewal
It's time to renew your annual specialty certification with the American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists.
Renew online today by following these easy steps.
- Go to https://netforumpro.com/eweb/StartPage.aspx?Site=AAEES.
- Log in to your account
- Click on the Renew Now! button.
- Click on the link for your Board Certification or Member type. Your 2020 Renewal will automatically appear under Dues Rate.
- Please answer the questions at the bottom of the screen and key in your full name in the Signature Box if you are Board Certified.
- Following those items is a listing of programs that the Academy manages. If you are interested in supporting a program, please select the appropriate fund from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page and indicate the amount you would like to contribute. We sincerely appreciate your generosity. Please note that tax-deductible donations to the Environmental Engineering and Science Foundation must now be made at: http://www.eesfoundation.org/donate/.
- Click Add to Cart.
- You may use this opportunity to purchase additional items from the AAEES Center. When you are finished, select Check Out
- Enter your payment information and click Purchase Now.
After renewing, please be sure to review and update the information under the "My Information" tab in your profile.
If you would rather renew by mail, please let us know by emailing Joyce at JDowen@aaees.org and we will be happy to send you the paper documents for you to complete and return. Or you may download a blank renewal form at: http://www.aaees.org/_downloadcenter/members/RenewalPackage-2020.pdf.
Please submit your renewal by December 31, 2019, to avoid late charges and to be guaranteed inclusion in the Academy's 2020 Who's Who in Environmental Engineering & Science directory.
Thank you for your continued commitment to advancing the practice of environmental engineering and science, and for your support of the Academy's vital mission and goals.