The AAEES Center
Winners and Honorees of the 2019 AAEES Awards Luncheon and Conference
Thank you to our attendees of the 2019 AAEES Awards Luncheon and Conference. On April 25 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, AAEES celebrated the elite in environmental engineering and science.
Photos will be posted soon to Flickr and Facebook.
Congratulations to the following recipients:
David A. Dzombak, Ph.D., P.E., BCEE
Gordon Maskew Fair Award
R. Benson Pair, Jr., P.E., BCEE
Stanley E. Kappe Award
Christopher R. Schulz, P.E., BCEE
Edward J. Cleary Award
Joseph A. Cotruvo, Ph.D., BCES
Gordon Maskew Fair, Ph.D.
Honorary Member (in Memoriam)
Chihpin Huang, Ph.D.
International Honorary Member
Sarina J. Ergas, Ph.D., P.E., BCEE
Excellence in Environmental Engineering and Science Education Award
Innovyze Excellence in Computational Hydraulics/Hydrology Award
W. Wesley Eckenfelder Graduate Research Award
Monica C. Resto-Fernandez
W. Brewster Snow Award
View the full profiles of our Distinguished Honorees at http://www.aaees.org/aaeesawards/.
Winners of the Excellence in Environmental Engineering and Science (E3S) and the Environmental Communications (EComm) competitions received their trophies.
The 2019 E3S Winners are:
- Superior Achievement: Orange County Sanitation District for Multipronged Collection System Odor Control Program at OCSD; Less Odors and Lower Costs
- Superior Achievement: Yang Deng, Ph.D., P.E. for Emergency Water Treatment with Ferrate(VI) in Response to Natural Disasters
- Grand Prize - Design: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power for Tujunga Spreading Grounds Enhancement Project
- Honor Award - Design: CDM Smith for Queen Ditch Restoration Project
- Grand Prize - Environmental Sustainability: TRC Environmental Corporation for Nutley Site Remediation Project on Behalf of Hoffmann-La Roche
- Honor Award - Environmental Sustainability: CDM Smith for Well 12A Technical, Design, and Remediation Support
- Honor Award - Environmental Sustainability: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power for Countering the Impacts from Increased Urbanization Through Large Scale Innovative Regional Stormwater Capture in Los Angeles - Tujunga Spreading Grounds Enhancement Project
- Grand Prize - Planning: CDM Smith for The Water Forward Integrated Water Resource Plan - Austin Water
- Honor Award - Planning: Orange County Sanitation District for Wastewater Collection and Treatment Facilities Master Plan
- Grand Prize - Research: District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority and Hampton Roads Sanitation District for When the Detour Turns Out to be a Shortcut: Partial Denitrification (PdN) - Anammox as Alternative Strategy for Mainstream Deammonification
- Honor Award - Research: CDM Smith for Water Purification Technology Evaluation and R&D Testing Project
- Grand Prize - Small Firms: Nuvoda, LLC for Town of Moorefield/Hardy County Regional WWTP Upgrade with the MOB™ Process
- Honor Award - Small Projects: Housing & Development Board for Development of Floating Solar for use in Reservoir and Coastal Marine Conditions
Profiles of these projects are online at http://www.aaees.org/e3scompetition/.
The 2019 EComm winners are:
- Grand Prize: Alexandria Renew Enterprises for Turning a Pump Station into a Destination
- Honor Award: LA Sanitation & Environment and LA Department of Water & Power for One Water LA
Profiles of these projects are online at http://www.aaees.org/ecommcompetition.
Did You Renew Your Specialty Certification for 2019?
If you have not yet renewed your specialty certification for 2019, it is considered expired!
Renew online now at https://netforumpro.com/eweb/StartPage.aspx?Site=AAEES OR click here for additional information.
- Go to https://netforumpro.com/eweb/StartPage.aspx?Site=AAEES.
- Log in to your account
- Click on the Renew Now! OR click on Shop AAEES and search Membership.
- Click on the link for your Member type. Your 2019 Renewal will automatically appear under Dues Rate.
- Please answer the questions at the bottom of the screen and key in your full name in the Signature Box.
- Following those items is a listing of programs that the Academy manages. If you are interested in supporting a program, please select the appropriate fund from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page and indicate the amount you would like to contribute. We sincerely appreciate your generosity. Please note that donations to the Environmental Engineering and Science Foundation must now be made at http://www.eesfoundation.org.
- Click Add to Cart.
- You may use this opportunity to purchase additional items from the AAEES Center. When you are finished, select Check Out
- Enter your payment information and click Purchase Now.
After renewing, please be sure to review and update the information under the "My Information" tab in your profile.