"Prevention is the key to a healthy back." - Dr. Alan Sokoloff
This program was recorded in 2002 and runs for 40 minutes.
This DVD shows the healthy way to perform basic library tasks, as well as an exercise guide to maintain back health. Noted chiropractor Dr. Alan Sokoloff serves as the host and author of Back Talk. Sokoloff is Clinical Director and Owner of the Yalich Clinic and Team Chiropractor for the NFL's Baltimore Ravens and the University of Maryland Baltimore County. He was named Chiropractor of the Year 2001-2002 by the Maryland Chiropractic Association."Prevention is the key to a healthy back," said Dr. Sokoloff, and preventing workplace injuries is the focus of this course.
Among the topics covered are:
- Sitting safely.
- Healthy posture while using a computer.
- The proper way to push and pull items, including book carts.
- Shelving books in a healthy manner.
- Simple exercises to maintain back health that can be done in the workplace.
- Lifting correctly and safely.
- Handling injuries when they do happen.
Requested items are sent through the delivery service as soon as a copy is available. If no copy is available, you will be added to the Wait List. Please allow time for delivery. You may borrow the DVD for two weeks.