This document describes the Simple Function Point Sizing Method for software. The document is designed in accordance with the ISO 14143-1:2007 (R2019) standard as requested by the ISO/IEC 14143-2:2011(R2019) Information technology — Software measurement — Functional size measurement — Part 2: Conformity evaluation of software size measurement methods to ISO/IEC 14143-1.
The main goals of the manual are:
- To provide a clear and detailed description of the IFPUG Simple Function Point method.
- To facilitate the homogeneous application of the rules of the IFPUG Simple Function Point method by experienced practitioners.
- To ensure that SFP counts are consistent with the counting practices of IFPUG affiliate members.
- To guide on measuring SFP using the deliverables of popular methodologies and techniques.
- To provide a common understanding to allow tool vendors to provide automated support for IFPUG Simple Function Point counting.