Margaret Guroff is an executive editor at AARP The Magazine, and a former editor of Baltimore magazine. She is also the editor and publisher of Power Moby-Dick, an online annotation of Herman Melville's classic novel. Her cultural history book, The Mechanical Horse: How the Bicycle Reshaped American Life, was published in 2016 by the University of Texas Press.
In this podcast, Margaret Guroff, Executive Editor of AARP talks to Estelle Erasmus about:
* AARP and her role there
* The all- important demographic of her reader (it’s not always what you think)
* What she looks for in a submission or pitch
* Does she take pitches?
* How to contact her/AARP
* The stories she is clamoring for
* Word count, rights and payment
* Editor pet peeves
* How the editing process works
* How to contact digital
* What’s next for AARP