Presenter: Bekki Roe, VP Operations, GPS Healthcare Consultants
This course is designed to be a resource to persons new to inpatient rehabilitation, newly promoted to a leadership role or those seeking validation of their interpretation of the CMS regulations.
This course will provide an overview of CMS IRF rules and regulations:
- Exemption criteria and attestation process
- Reasonable and necessary criteria
- Technical documentation requirements
- Debunk myths about regulatory requirements
Participants will be provided key links to CMS documents and resources
At the conclusion of this course, participants will:
- Describe the CMS IRF exemption criteria and the attestation process.
- Explain the difference between reasonable and necessary criteria and medical necessity.
- Recognize the required documentation details to be validated in concurrent chart review.
- Identify how IRF rule myths evolve and are just that.
- Utilize easy access to CMS resources.
*Recorded Webinars are eligible for CME and CNE only*
Accreditation Statement - In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco and American Medical Rehabilitation Providers. Amedco is jointly accredited by the American Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement - Amedco designates this webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for physicians and 1.0 contact hours for nurses Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.