Tracey Nixon, MS, CHC - CEO, ROC Healthcare Advisors
Jane Snecinski, FACHE - President, Post Acute Advisors
This webinar will help you identify new ways to strengthen justification of your patients’ medical necessity through the use of diagnoses-specific documentation and the use of protocols, clarify the role of your physicians and their documentation as a critical part of your denial defense and develop the Action Plan for improving your documentation to avoid denials.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Define Medical Necessity from a Medicare and third party payers point of view and how that may differ from the care provider's interpretation.
- Discuss the multiple purposes physician documentation serves: the “rehab” story, detail of care provided, coordination of care (as defined by Medicare), support for inpatient and physician Part B billing.
- Review diagnosis specific documentation strategies that support justification of medical necessity.
- Review the use of clinical protocols as a strategy to justify medical and functional intensity provided in a IRH/U setting.
- Discuss the pitfalls of the EMR and improvement strategies.
*Recorded Webinars are eligible for CME and CNE only*
Physicians / Nurses
Accreditation Statement - In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco and American Medical Rehabilitation Providers. Amedco is jointly accredited by the American Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement - Amedco designates this webinar for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for physicians and 1.0 contact hours for nurses Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.