This report presents a detailed but straightforward analysis of financial and operating characteristics of 131 participating AED dealerships. This year’s report (based on 2018 operations) has been designed to provide easy-to-understand guidelines for analyzing profitability and identifying business performance improvement opportunities for dealerships.
The report includes a compilation and analysis of financial and operations data segmented by sales volume, line of business, regions (based on climate), rental emphasis, and high profit distributors.
- Analysis - An overview discussion of the results of this year’s analysis.
- Executive Summary - A summary of key performance results including a graphical presentation of important ratios.
- Detailed Results - An in-depth analysis of return on investment, the income statement, the balance sheet, and financial and productivity ratios.
- Sales Volume - An analysis of firms within sales volume groups.
- Line of Business - This section presents results based upon concentration of sales in specific product categories.
- Regions - Firms were analyzed within geographic areas specified by AED.
- Trends - An examination of changes in performance over time for key results and ratios.
- Ratio Calculation - A summary of ratio calculations.
If you are looking for a way to measure a dealership's performance against different segments of the industry, the AED Cost of Doing Business report will without a doubt serve as a valuable tool for you.
View an excerpt of the report below: