What Are The AED Foundation’s Online Technical Courses?
The AED Foundation’s online technical courses focus on basic skill development directly related to the six core competencies outlined in The Standards for Heavy Equipment Technology published by The AED Foundation.
Who Takes The AED Foundation’s Online Technical Courses?
The online technical courses cover the fundamentals of heavy equipment technology, and is designed for:
- Employees new to the industry who need to establish knowledge of heavy equipment technology fundamentals
- Current employees who need a refresher on key concepts
Why Use The AED Foundation’s Online Technical Courses?
The online technical courses are flexible, with users able to access them at any time, anywhere with internet access. Courses are short, with topics broken down into manageable segments and knowledge checks, allowing users to learn at their own pace.
These interactive courses can be used as a standalone resource or in conjunction with hands-on learning at your dealership as a supplement to your training program.
- $499 per person
- gives user access to all courses (currently 21 courses, with more in development) for 1 year
Six Core Competencies
- Power trains
- Diesel engines & fuel systems
- Basic Electrical I
- Basic Electrical II
- Basic Electrical III
- Basic Hand Tools
- Basic Hydraulics I
- Basic Hydraulics II
- Basic Hydraulics III
- Clutch and Brake Steering Systems
- Countershaft Transmissions
- Diesel Engine Fundamentals
- Differential and Axle Fundamentals
- Electrical Schematics
- Gear Fundamentals
- HVAC Fundamentals
- Hydraulic Schematics
- Planetary Transmissions
- Precision Measuring Tools
- Shop Safety
- Tier 4 Emissions
- Torque Converter Fundamentals
- Transmission Fundamentals