APPELLATE OFFICER TRAINING
October 14, 2021 from 1 pm – 5pm Eastern time
This four-hour virtual training class is specifically designed for Appeals Officers.
The Appellate Officer Training class will provide training required by the 2020 Title IX regulations to Decision Makers tasked with hearing appeals for Title IX complaints. The class will include the instructors facilitating a mock appeal whereby attendee(s) will practically apply what they learned to determine an appellate outcome.
The four-hour course will include training on the following (items in quotations are required by the Title IX regulations for all Decision Makers):
- Fulfills the basic Title IX requirements for appellate decision-makers (Definition of sexual harassment, scope of the recipient’s education program or activity, how to conduct the appeal, and how to serve impartially)
- Conducting an appeal for Title IX Signed Formal Complaint dismissals as well as original findings from live hearings
- The three required grounds for Appeals
- Determining timeliness of appeal
- Determining if appellate grounds have been met
- Determining appeal outcomes based on provided information
- Ensuring a bias-free decision-making process
- Identifying conflicts of interest
COST: NACCOP Member=$285 / Non-Member=$335
Please contact the NACCOP Team at email@example.com or 302-344-1068 if you need further assistance.