APPELLATE OFFICER TRAINING
January 24, 2023 from 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern time
The class will include a facilitated mock appeal whereby attendee(s) will practically apply what they learned to determine an appellate outcome. The class will satisfy the training requirements for Title IX Decision-Makers under the current Title IX regulations and the VAWA amendments to the Clery Act, including any new guidance or updates.
Some of the key topics that will be covered are:
- Conducting an appeal for Title IX complaints and dismissals as well as original findings from live hearings
- The required grounds for appeals
- Determining timeliness of appeal
- Determining if appellate grounds have been met
- Determining appeal outcomes based on provided information
- Ensuring a bias-free decision-making process
- Identifying conflicts of interest
Who Should Attend
This class is appropriate for persons who are serving as Appellate officers.
This training program will feature expert faculty who serve or who have served as practitioners on college and university campuses throughout the country in the areas of behavioral intervention and threat assessment, student conduct, Title IX, human resources and legal affairs.
COST: NACCOP Member = $285 / Non-Member = $335
Please contact the NACCOP Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-344-1068 if you need further assistance.