Prejudice: Responding to prejudicial comments from customers
Some of the issues covered:
- Why most approaches to confronting prejudice actually increase prejudice (according to research!).
- How to use a “Peanut Butter Opener” with people who might react aggressively.
- Fifteen strategies to choose from depending on who the person is.
NOTE: This training focuses on addressing prejudicial comments from customers/patrons/clients. It is not designed to help you draft policies or more broadly create an anti-racist organization. Those would be great topics, but they are beyond the scope of what we can cover in 90 minutes.
Workbook: Will be emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org on Wednesday, April 7.
Presented by Ryan Dowd:
- Author of the American Library Association book, The Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness.
- Executive Director of a large homeless shelter outside of Chicago.
- Global trainer to libraries, police departments, nonprofits and other organizations on how to compassionately manage problematic behavior from troubled individuals.
Want to receive weekly tips from Ryan on how to work with homeless, addicted and mentally ill patrons? Sign up here.
Note: This is a “members-only” webinar. Please do NOT share this link outside of your organization!
A recording will be available on the SEFLIN NicheAcademy site a few days after the live event.