This is the second part of a webinar series organized by the SBI-IDEA Committee. The goal of the series is to improve diversity and inclusion for our members and community. The main purpose of this webinar is to provide an opportunity to enhance cultural training for the medical professionals responsible for the Breast Imaging care of Hispanic/Latino patients.
- Defining and understanding cultural competency in healthcare.
- Discuss Hispanic/Latino cultural perspectives and values regarding health and healthcare.
- Review different approaches to establish rapport and build a relationship with Hispanic/Latino patients.
- Review cultural values that play an important role in the health of Hispanic/Latino population.
- Understand the similarities, as well as, variability among Hispanic subgroups.