COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT AND LEGAL SEMINAR
Evictions, Abandoned Homes, Title Transfers,
Consumer Protection , Park Operations,
Resident Relations & Much more!
Elizabeth J. Birch, Esq.
10:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Pinnacle Golf Club
1500 Pinnacle Club Drive
Grove City, OH 43123
**BE SURE TO ALSO ORDER OUR LEGAL DOCUMENT CD FOR YOUR FILES**
THESE ARE DOCS EVERY COMMUNITY SHOULD HAVE!!!
· The Application Process: Basic Requirements for your application and process, Written criteria
· Leases and what needs to be offered and included/not included: Lease term and rent, Fees, One Year Offer and acknowledgment , Attorney Fee Provisions and Court Costs, Security Deposit, Standard clauses, Record retention policy
· Rules of the Community – what should be addressed and the legal standard of review and consistency: Problems
· Evictions: Three Day Notice, Collections, Schwartz v. McAtee- Default and Material Rule Violations, Writing and Notices for Material Rule Violations, Eviction Court-choosing Legal Representation
· 55+ and Open Communities: Differences between, How to ,and Rules
· Fair Housing – what it is, the laws and the basics on what to do to comply
· Sales – The minimum sales under the law, Office qualifications, What you and Employees should be doing, Licensing-how do you want to sell
· Operations: When do old homes come out/new homes come in, How to maintain community standards, Lot issues – who’s responsible for what, Access issues, Utility issues, Rent – How to collect and what to do when they don’t pay, Handling bad behavior of residents
· Dept of Health and Ohio MH Commission
- The basic duties of a community manager
- The importance of developing relationships with local agencies
- Newsletters and Communications with residents
- Knowing what you need to be licensed for to do what.
- Resident Relations: Doing things for the residents to developing a better rapport with them
|Early registration ends on Dec 26, 2019.|
Regular registration starts on Dec 27, 2019 and ends on Feb 25, 2020.
Late registration starts on Feb 26, 2020.