COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT AND LEGAL SEMINAR
Evictions, Abandoned Homes, Title Transfers,
Consumer Protection , Park Operations,
Resident Relations & Much more!
Elizabeth J. Birch, Esq.
10:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Pinnacle Golf Club
1500 Pinnacle Club Drive
Grove City, OH 43123
**BE SURE TO ALSO ORDER OUR LEGAL DOCUMENT CD FOR YOUR FILES**
THESE ARE DOCS EVERY COMMUNITY SHOULD HAVE!!!
- Application Process: 55+ community vs. Open Community, What you need to document, A secure system for application information – Red Flag Compliance, Rejection letters or communication – what to tell the resident, Who can you reject and why – documenting the process
- Lease: Real life legal actions and lease issues, Terms of the lease – Multi-year, Increasing rent, Rules changes – why and how to do it, Year terms versus month-to-month, Collection under the lease, Fees, Waiver of liability/unconscionable terms, Lease to Own issues
- Resident Relations: Warnings versus Material Violation Notices, Animal control issues (dog bites, strays, behavioral problems), Signage and solicitation, When residents don’t get along – playing social cop, Positive marketing ideas that are legally wrong, How to handle the unauthorized resident, When the resident dies – what to do, Traffic and security
- Evictions: Naming the right defendant, The difference between First and Second Cause and what you want to do, How to prepare for a successful Material Rule Eviction, Trespassing letters, When to allow the evictee back, Post-residency criminal records and activity, The sex offender
- Retaliation Issues: What they are and what the law states you can do, What to be aware of and how it can haunt you
- Fair Housing Issues: Assistance animals and physical accommodations, National origin issues/familial status discrimination, Extra occupant charges, Handicap - drug and alcohol
- Resident Associations: what you can allow and should allow
- Abandoned Homes: What to do to get title
- Tactics on delivering violations and getting the residents to respond well
- More resident relations options
- Ways to find past residents to aid in abandoned homes searches
- Working with the health dept instead of against them
|Early registration ends on Oct 01, 2019.|
Regular registration starts on Oct 02, 2019 and ends on Apr 26, 2020.
Late registration starts on Apr 27, 2020.
| Legal Seminar|
|Member Fee: ||$195.00||$195.00||$195.00 |
|Non-Member Fee: ||$395.00||$395.00||$395.00|