Thank You for your interest in becoming a member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH). All persons of good moral character who are awarded the Purple Heart Medal by the Government of the United States AND are Active Duty or have Honorable or General discharge are eligible for active membership in the Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A.
Please note that the MOPH does not have posthumous memberships. Only living Purple Heart Recipients are eligible for membership.
There are four easy steps to our online membership process. Please have a digital copy of your documentation ready to submit via email. Please allow up to 1 year for complete processing.
Step 1: Complete a Membership Application and submit Life Member Application Fees
- Complete the membership registration, ensuring all required information is provided. Click Here to start.
- Select a chapter closest to your residence or one will be assigned automatically.
- Pay one-time Life Member Application Fees of $50.00.
- Fees Submitted with Applications for Membership are NON-REFUNDABLE
Step 2: Submit Proof of Purple Heart Award and Honorable Service
An email will be sent once the application is received. Please respond to the email attaching the required document/s. A copy of the documentation submitted will be retained on file for future reference.
- Veteran Applicant
- DD214 Member-4 or Service-2 with Purple Heart Award AND Honorable or General discharge
- if necessary, DD215 (if Purple Heart Award, Honorable or General discharge is not on DD214)
- Recommend: Purple Heart Award Orders Plus Purple Heart Certificate
- Active Duty Applicant, provide PCS Orders and the documents listed below.
- Purple Heart Award Orders plus Purple Heart Certificate
- Make sure all documents are UNALTERED, COMPLETE and LEGIBLE
Step 3: Eligibility Review Process by the National Adjutant
- If documentation MEETS eligibility requirements, the application will be processed for membership and you will receive a notification email welcoming you to the MOPH.
- If documentation DOES NOT MEET eligibility requirements, notification will be sent with reason/s for disapproval and steps needed if any to resubmit documentation.
Step 4: Notification of Membership
- Your membership will be activated and you will be notified by email of your membership number and chapter assignment.
- A new member packet with your permanent membership card, membership certificate, and additional information on MOPH will follow this initial notification.
- Please allow up to 1 year for processing and delivery
A copy of your documentation will be retained on file for future reference. All applications are subject to verification with the National Personnel Records Center.
All information and requirements are subject to change without notice. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us at:
Mail: MOPH Headquarters, Membership Department, 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22151-3960
Phone: 703-642-5360 x109,128 or 106; Fax: 703-642-1841