This training was developed to bridge the long-standing gap between EMDR therapy training in its standard form and the sensitive and responsive treatment of persons with dissociation and dissociative disorders. It is offered by members of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), approved by the Board of ISSTD, and accredited by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Consisting of four modules and a total of 80 didactic, practicum, and consultation hours, this training will teach the responsible application of EMDR therapy by helping trainees to become attuned to the presence and forms of simple trauma, complex trauma, and dissociation. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, participants will learn how to discern when (and how), at this stage in their learning, they can use EMDR therapy methods for trauma resolution to resolve a person’s presenting issues.
For more information about this training including schedule, topics covered, eligibility requirements, presenter bios, and policies, visit the Training Webpage.
- D Michael Coy, MA, LICSW, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- Jennifer A Madere, LPC-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
2021-2022 Training Dates and Location
- Module I (Fri - Sat; 2 days online live interactive): September 10-11, 2021
9:30am - 5:00pm Eastern time
- Module II (Fri - Sun; 3 days, in-person): November 12-14, 2021 | Hyatt Regency Seattle, WA
8:30am - 5:30pm Pacific time
- Module III (Wed - Fri; 3 days, in-person): March 30-April 1, 2022 | Hyatt Regency Seattle, WA
8:30am - 5:30pm Pacific time
Takes place immediately prior to the ISSTD 2022 Annual Conference
- Module IV (Fri - Sat; 2 days, online live interactive): June 3-4, 2022 • 9:30am - 5:00pm Eastern time
Click Here to Convert to Local Time. Online modules will be conducted via Zoom. In-person modules will be held at the Hyatt Regency Seattle.
Training Fee Details
Registrants receive the following as part of the training fee:
- Two, two-day, online live interactive training modules (24 hours total)
- Two, three-day, live in-person training modules (44 hours total)
- 12 hours of group consultation • 207-page training manual (PDF)
- A complimentary, one-year, ISSTD membership (regardless of current ISSTD membership)
Payment plans may be available upon request (50% of fee upfront, 50% 30 days before start of training). For more information email email@example.com.
Individuals who have previously completed EMDR training are eligible to audit the training. Fees for auditing the training are 50% of the registration fee and do not include participation in the practicum. Those wishing to audit this training must submit proof of their previous completed training to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Once documentation has been reviewed and approved, you will receive additional instructions for how to register as an auditor.
Registration is complete when your registration has been submitted, all supporting documentation is received, and full payment has been made.
- Full refund (minus a $75.00 processing fee) for cancellations received thirty (30) days or more prior to commencement of the first training module.
- No refund for cancellations received less than thirty (30) days prior to the first training. Attendee substitutions can be made until five (5) days prior to commencement of the first training module.
- In the event that a trainee is unable to complete the full training due to a verified life-threatening emergency, they will be notified of upcoming trainings and given the opportunity to make up missed training days as training space allows.
- All materials for this course provided to trainees by ISSTD are subject to copyright laws, and unauthorized duplication or distribution by course participants is expressly forbidden.
- Course fees must be submitted with registration, and must be submitted in US dollars.