Supporting Soldier Readiness, Enhancing Performance, and Transition of Care
Please join us for this continuing education event focused on the medically ready force, with emphasis on injury prevention, behavioral health care, dental readiness, and transitions between DoD and VA. A panel of 3-4 speakers will share their knowledge and experience on readiness, performance, and transition - followed by Q&A.
Same Injuries, Better Musculoskeletal Readiness
Dr. Michelle Szczepanik - Board certified Family Physician with Sports Medicine CAQ
(1) Briefly look at injury prediction tools
(2) Discuss some commonly encountered MSK injuries
(3) Review updates in treatment for these commonly encountered injuries
(4) Connect knowledge of the injury with proper profiling and therapy to increase MSK readiness
COL Alfred Anderson, DC, USA - DENTAC Commander Fort Eustis:
(1) How are Dental Treatment needs classified into Dental Readiness classifications?
(2) How does the "Go First Class" initiative drive dental treatment from a Health Care System to a System of Health?
Mind Gains: Mental Skills Training for Optimal Soldier Performance
Ms. Lindsey Oro - Mental Performance Consultant
(1) Understand the interaction between psychology and performance
(2) Gain familiarity with cognitive and behavioral skills training in a military setting
CEs will be available to DoD personnel only - when registering please indicate if you plan to submit for CEs.
Ft Eustis, VA The U.S. Army Transportation Museum
Directions and Base Access Information
Joint Base Langley-Eustis is a limited access post, meaning that you will need to stop at the Guard House near the gate and inform them of your desire to visit the Transportation Museum. You will be issued a Visitor's Pass and provided a map of Ft. Eustis.
To view the complete requirements for entry onto Joint Base Langley-Eustis, please visit the following link. Requirements for Base Entry.