Resolving Conflict in Today's Workplace
Conflict happens. It’s a fact of life. But did you know that it can actually be helpful and productive if handled the right way? When emotions like fear, anger, resentment or blame get in the way, it makes dealing with conflict more difficult. This training does not promise to end conflict for you, but it will help you deal with it more effectively for all concerned. Learning how to confront and resolve conflict can make the difference between a long healthy career or one filled with headaches and stress.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Identify common causes and costs of conflict as well as benefits it can bring to you and organization.
• Recognize warning signs of conflict escalation.
• Take action to defuse strong emotions and prevent situations from getting worse.
• Analyze conflict to determine an objective, focused approach to effectively discuss and resolve it.
• Adapt your interactive communication style with others to build rapport and reduce tension.
• Determine if mediation is necessary.
Topics that will be covered:
• What is Conflict?
• Role of Trust
• Five Steps to Resolving Conflict
• Our Interactive Styles and How We Impact Relationships
• When Conflict Requires a Mediator
• Next Steps
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Field of Study: Conflict Management
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Half day – 8:00am - 12:00pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.