Interpersonal Communication Skills
Every relationship, both personal and professional, is dependent upon communication. Successful projects and businesses depend on people accurately understanding one another. In this course, participants will learn to communicate with clarity, eliminate communication barriers, influence the actions and thoughts of others, and respond assertively.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of your personal communication style.
• Identify the communication style of others and how it impacts their ability to “hear you.”
• Compose your messages to match your listeners’ information needs.
• Give and receive feedback respectfully and assertively.
• Professionally resolve conflict while being polite but assertive.
• Improve and strengthen your relationships with everyone at work (and at home).
Topics that will be covered:
• Analyzing Your Personal DiSC© Assessment
• Recognizing the Strengths and Limitations of Each Personality Style
• Development of Your Approach to Personality Styles Different from Yours
• Nonverbal Signals You Send to Others (Stress, Anger, Etc.)
• Personal Barriers That Keep You from Communicating Assertively (not Passively or Aggressively)
• Stop, Look, and Listen Formula
• Addressing Negative Situations Assertively
Prerequisites: Individuals who wish to improve their ability to communicate with and understand others.
Advanced Preparation: Participants will receive information to complete a DiSC© Profile about three weeks prior to the course date. The online profile must be completed prior to course.
Field of Study: Interpersonal Communication
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Overview | Duration: Full day – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.