Behavioral Interviewing Skills - Advanced
This course is an extension of AAIM’s Basic Behavioral Interviewing Skills course, where participants learned that behavioral-based interviews provide a more objective set of facts to make employment decisions than other interview methods. This advanced course will focus on developing questions that evaluate integrity, leadership, initiative, communication skills, problem solving and adaptability.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Develop practical skills in planning, researching, conducting and evaluating behavioral interviewing questions.
• Develop questioning strategies to be more proficient as an interviewer and interviewee.
• Incorporate appropriate interpersonal behaviors as both the interviewer and the interviewee to increase overall success in the interviewing process.
• Summarize the information gained through multiple interviews to differentiate between multiple candidates.
Topics that will be covered:
• Overview of the Behavioral Interviewing Process
• The Structure of a Behavioral Interview
• Writing Effective Interview Questions and Probes
• Summarizing Interview Information and Making Selection Decisions
Prerequisites: Individuals who have over 2 years interviewing experience and/or who has completed AAIM’s Behavioral Interviewing Basics course. Techniques taught are suitable for interviewing middle to senior management candidates.
Advanced Preparation: If possible, please bring with you to class a job description and copy of your interview guide or format that you have used in the past.
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Intermediate | Duration: Full day – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.