The material in Personal Productivity is based on the ground-breaking work of David Allen in his best-selling book “Getting Things Done; The Art of Stress Free Productivity.” We will provide proven techniques for dealing with most of the things that make you crazy and cause you stress, like interruptions, distractions, other people failing to keep their commitments, too much work and too little time to do it in, etc. In addition, you will learn principles that will enable you to establish a system that will help you deal with all your commitments, both personal and professional. Tens of thousands of people all over the world are using David Allen’s approach to reduce their stress levels and accomplish much more than they were able to do before adopting his principles.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- Organize and think about work using your own natural style.
- Identify and set priorities, and stick to them.
- Organize your day more effectively.
- Cope with interruption overload.
- Eliminate physical and mental clutter.
- Greatly reduce procrastination – in yourself and others.
- Create a personalized process that will help you stay organized and in control
Topics that will be covered:
- Differentiating between “Important” and “Urgent” Activities
- The Four Basic Truths About Managing Your Personal and Professional Lives
- The Principles of Stress-Free Productivity
- The Five-Step Process for Managing Workflow
- How our Brains Naturally Set Priorities
- Organizing Your Environment
- Using Email More Efficiently
- How to Run More Effective Meetings
- The Natural Planning Model for Rapidly and Effectively Initiating New Projects
At the end of the session you will have a good start on establishing your own personalized system for getting and staying in control of your workflow. You will receive a copy of David Allen’s book, “Getting Things Done; The Art of Stress Free Productivity” and a schedule for completing your transition to greater productivity and lowered stress levels.
Prerequisites: People who are really busy. The busier you are, the more value the training will have for you. This approach has been successfully used by every level of management from first line supervision to CEO’s; and by individual contributors, entrepreneurs and anyone who wants to get more done with less stress in his/her life.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Action and Results Focused, Decision Making, Productivity and Organization, Communication Skills, Delegation, Goal Setting, Planning Professional Work Environment, Project Management, Team Management
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 9
Fields of Study: Personal Development
Duration: Full-day – 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Member Cost: $500; NonMember Cost: $700
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.