In the first course, Assertive Communication Skills, attendees learned how to speak, write, and behave in an assertive way. To further development, this course picks up where the first one left off, teaching new ideas and practical how-to’s, more case studies, and more time to practice.
Assertive Communication Skills II will help you keep learning how to stand up for yourself, build more productive working relationships, and achieve better results even in difficult situations.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- Identify further assertive skill development opportunities.
- Flex your communication style to boost tact and influence.
- Establish open honest dialogue.
- Deal more effectively with bullies.
- Make the most of critical conversations.
- Speak up at meetings.
- Handle disagreements in a persuasive, non-threatening way.
- Reach poor listeners.
- Assess progress with assertive skill development.
Topics that will be covered:
- One More Time – What Is Assertiveness?
- ‘Flex’ Strategies for Building Rapport and Reducing Tension
- Building Trust for Open Honest Dialogue
- More on Verbal and Non-Verbal Techniques
- Stepping Up to Critical Conversations
- Credibility and Confidence Killers
- Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges
- Speaking Up at Meetings
- Handling Conflict In A Non-Combative Way
Prerequisites: Assertive Communication Skills course I.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Field of Study: Interpersonal Communication
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic to Intermediate | Duration: Full day – 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.
Cancellation/Reschedule and Inclement Weather Policies can be found at https://aaimea.org/cancellation-policy/