Well-organized and effectively-presented training is essential to the success of every organization. The critical element in transferring knowledge is the trainer, and the trainer’s preparation and performance will make or break the training session. In this course, participants will learn how to engage audiences in ways that will best transfer the learning in an organized, effective, and timely manner.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Set appropriate learning objectives.
• Organize and produce your training program.
• Develop an effective mix of method and media to reach your training objectives.
• Present course content in an informative and engaging manner.
• Create synergy in the classroom and deal with distracting behaviors.
Topics that will be covered:
• Setting Learning Objectives
• Adult Learning Principles
• Training or Facilitating?
• Matching Instructional Methods to the Situation
• Building Participation
• Developing “Platform” Skills
• Organizing and Producing Your Presentation
• Managing Challenging Participant Behaviors
Prerequisites: Individuals responsible for developing and delivering training to adults. Individuals responsible for giving lengthy and detailed presentations will also benefit from this course.
Advanced Preparation: Please bring training material or a topic that you will be presenting in the future. This can be any subject and of any length.
Fields of Study: Public Speaking, Written Communication, Developing Others
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Overview | Duration: Two (2) Full days: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.