Diversity & Sensitivity Awareness
Cultural Diversity offers a platform for discussing the many kinds of diversity we encounter today. This course will attempt to dispel the notion of diversity as merely a synonym for racial or ethnic issues.
Participants will gain a better understanding of one’s own culture as it relates to one’s abilities and personal style, critically examine the dynamics of prejudice, stereotypes, and discrimination, and learn how to apply knowledge and tools to foster a more cohesive workplace.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand one's own culture as it relates to one's abilities and personal style.
• Critically examine the dynamics of prejudice, stereotypes, oppression and discrimination.
• Apply knowledge of cultural diversity to individual development and behavior.
• Expand understanding of the interactions among and between individuals and social systems.
• Understand cultural components that impact engagement, assessment, intervention, and evaluation.
• Recommend tools to foster a more cohesive workplace.
Topics that will be covered:
• Common Diversity Definitions
• Cross Cultural Communication
• Interpersonal Communication
• Tools to be a better workplace employee in a diverse world
Prerequisites: Anyone with a willingness to share ideas and be open and honest about a sensitive topic.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Fields of Study: Diversity Awareness, Integrity and Ethics, Communication Skills, Professional Work Environment
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic to Intermediate | Duration: Half day – 8:00am- 12:00pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.