The material in this course is based on the ground-breaking work of David Allen in his best-selling book “Getting Things Done; The Art of Stress Free Productivity,” providing techniques for dealing with interruptions, distractions, and other stressors while learning principles that will enable you to establish a system that will help you deal with all your commitments, both personal and professional. Participants will receive a copy of Allen’s book and a schedule for completing the transition to greater productivity and lowered stress levels.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Organize and think about work using your own natural style.
• Identify and set priorities, and stick to them.
• Organize your day more effectively.
• Cope with interruption overload.
• Eliminate physical and mental clutter.
• Greatly reduce procrastination – in yourself and others.
• Create a personalized process that will help you stay organized and in control
Topics that will be covered:
• Differentiating between “Important” and “Urgent” Activities
• The Four Basic Truths About Managing Your Personal and Professional Lives
• The Principles of Stress-Free Productivity
• The Five-Step Process for Managing Workflow
• How Our Brains Naturally Set Priorities
• Organizing Your Environment
• Using Email More Efficiently
• How to Run More Effective Meetings
• The Natural Planning Model for Rapidly and Effectively Initiating New Projects
Prerequisites: People who are really busy; the busier you, are the more value the course will have for you. This approach has been successfully used by every level of management from first line supervision to CEO’s; and by individual contributors, entrepreneurs and anyone who wants to get more done with less stress in his/her life.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advance preparation for this course.
Fields of Study: Action and Results Focused, Decision Making, Productivity and Organization, Communication Skills, Delegation, Goal Setting, Planning Professional Work Environment, Project Management, Team Management
Delivery Method: Group-Live |Course Level: Basic | Duration: Full day – 8:00am-4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.