Company representatives can improve results by negotiating more effectively and at the appropriate time. This workshop covers processes and skills for preparing and leading successful negotiations that result in mutually beneficial commitments and contribute to the development and maintenance of long-term relationships. Negotiation is the process by which you resolve the differences between parties in a manner that provides a positive outcome for all groups, and leaves everyone looking forward to working together again.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- Prepare for and lead successful sales negotiations.
- Develop a confident negotiation mindset
- Optimize the outcome of each negotiation for all parties.
- Apply a set of criteria to determine when to negotiate.
- Understand the five negotiating alternatives and how best to apply them.
- Begin a list of negotiating alternatives to apply to your own negotiations.
- Utilize skill steps for resolving differences.
Topics that will be covered:
- When is it time to negotiate?
- Understanding and resolving differences, and their value
- Negotiating alternatives, and why Meeting in the middle is not your best option
- How to use concession strategically
- Determining your Walk-Away position
- Why you should never chisel a solution “in stone”
- Handling typical negotiation tactics
Prerequisites: Anyone who negotiates in their current role, or who anticipates negotiating in the future, and would like to improve negotiating skills in order to achieve the greatest of results for their company and their negotiating partners.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Negotiating, Sales
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Recertification Credit Hours: 7.5
Specified Credit Hours: HR
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
Professional Development Credits awarded: 7.5
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 8.5
Fields of Study: Personal Development
Duration: Full-day – 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Member Cost: $480; NonMember Cost: $680
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.