Tour & Lunch at Eaton Hussmann
On Thursday, April 19, 2018, we have a “field trip” scheduled to hear a presentation and see an actual demonstration of arc flash in a High-Power Test Lab. There are only a few of these sites in existence. You have read about arc flash and its hazards and may have seen videos of the extreme energy evolution of an arc flash. Now you can see it for real.
This program will be held at the Eaton-Bussmann site in Ellisville, MO. The location is 114 Old State Road, Ellisville, MO 63021. Old State Road is the first intersection off Manchester Road, west of the Manchester/ Clarkson Road Intersection. Turn south off Manchester onto Old State Road. If you are heading west on Manchester, use the right hand left turn lane onto Old State. Proceed a short distance up the hill. Just past Clancy’s and the red brick garage on Clancy’s site, take the second driveway past the garage into the Eaton-Bussmann parking lot. Look for the Eaton sign at ground level at the drive entrance. Come to the main building entrance, midway of the building. There is a portico over that entrance.
There are some requirements that we must meet.
· Plan to arrive around 11:15 am. No later than 11:25 am. We must move to the test site through their warehousing/manufacturing facility and we have to do that as a group. So if you are late, you may not make it in.
· We also have to return to main entrance as a group, so you will not be able to leave early. We are expecting this to be concluded and us back to the main door by 1:10 p.m.
· They can accommodate a maximum of 30 participants. If you would like to bring an electrical person from your site with you, you will have to email Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there is room.
· Lunch will be catered during the presentation.
· The site has several protective requirements
o Wear safety shoes if you have them. Otherwise, they will issue slip-on safety shoes to you
o Reflective vests/jackets are required to walk through their site. They will issue these to us.
o No loose jewelry. Put it in your purse or pocket.
o Long hair has to be restrained. Not sure what length is considered excessive or what restrained means.
o You may have your cell phone with you, but you may not use it during the tour.
Our host will be Tim Crnko.
Please feel free to call your Liaison Tom Lawrence at 314-608-8034 if you have questions about the tour.