Building Commitment & Accountability
Leaders in organizations frequently speak about creating a culture of 'accountability'. But what is 'accountability'? Why is it important and what does it look like in a high-performance organization? In this course, managers and leaders will learn the components of accountability and how they can both build and be part of a culture of accountability.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Describe the three major components of accountability.
• Create clear agreements with others that promote accountability.
• Use the 'language' of accountability to discuss projects and performance.
• Use techniques and strategies that empower others to take ownership of projects.
• Identify strategies for implementing accountability in your own workgroup.
Topics that will be covered:
• The Definition of Accountability
• The Language of Accountability
• Making Clear Agreements
• Do's and Don'ts of Empowering Others
• Overcoming Barriers to Success - Meeting Project Challenges
• Holding Others Accountable
• Guidelines for Reviewing Results
• Action Planning
Prerequisites: Managers, supervisors, team leads, and project leaders.
Advance Preparation: No advance preparation needed.
Competencies: Goal Setting, Leadership Communication, Motivating Others, Performance Management
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Half day – 8:00am - 12:00pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.