Problem Solving & Decision Making
Problem solving is an everyday workplace activity - whether for yourself, other individuals, your work group or for the enterprise. The techniques presented in this course will equip you with a robust standard methodology for solving problems that range in scope from technical/production to administrative/office related issues. You will learn a systematic process designed to enable understanding a problem, resolving it and taking steps to prevent the same or similar problems from recurring.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Organize information and data to clearly identify the problem.
• Prioritize and isolate problem root causes.
• Develop alternate solutions and select a proposed solution.
• Implement then verify and validate problem solutions.
Topics that will be covered:
• Defining the problem and measuring the effect
• Prioritizing to identify and isolate root causes
• Developing alternatives and choosing corrective action
• Implementing corrective actions
• Monitoring to prevent recurrence
Prerequisites: Individuals who participate in projects or teams who are asked to resolve problems. Team leaders who want to teach team members a disciplined strategy for identifying and resolving problems.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Field of Study: Problem Solving, Decision Making, Project Management
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Full day – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.