Motivational Skills for Leaders
Leaders are tasked with ‘motivating’ people and building engagement, but doing so can be difficult. In this course, participants will learn ways to help build employee engagement and performance, as well as leadership styles that can influence motivation and build positive behaviors.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Identify seven reasons why “carrot-and-stick” motivation doesn’t work.
• Recognize the three essential elements of motivation in today’s workforce.
• Develop strategies and tactics for developing engagement and building positive behaviors.
• Define actions leaders can take to support motivation and engagement.
• Identify metrics that measure the results of engagement.
• Apply leadership styles that can influence employee motivation and engagement
Topics that will be covered:
• Successful Performance Equation
• Upgrading How We Motivate
• The Need for Autonomy
• Making Progress at Work
• Making a Contribution
• Being Part of a Cause
• Why Engagement Matters and What It Drives
• Developing Engaging Leaders
Prerequisites: Managers and leaders who want to learn new ways to increase employees’ motivation and engagement in their jobs.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Field of Study: Motivating & Engaging
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Half day – 8:00am - 12:00pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.