Providing superior customer service—making extraordinary impressions on our customers—is your job, but it’s not always easy! Some of us have ‘external’ customers, but all of us have ‘internal’ customers (the colleagues and managers we work with on a daily basis). Our service interactions happen face-to-face, over the phone, and through email. In our quest to survive ‘doing more with less,’ you will learn how to stay professionally ‘centered’ in order to provide superior customer service even under pressure and in tough situations.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- create the service experience your customers will rave about.
- manage all three service environments (face-to-face, phone, email).
- lead and redirect the conversation positively toward resolution.
- prevent common concerns from escalating into full-blown anger.
- recognize the real-life customer service issues that cause you stress.
- balance ‘Kindness with Authority’ in working with difficult customers.
- stay ‘centered’ and be agile in responding to stressful demands.
Topics that will be covered:
- Positively Influence Customers’ Perceptions of You and Your Company
- Manage What Our Customers See, What They Hear, and How We Make Them Feel
- Service on Three Channels: Face-to-Face, On The Phone and By Email
- How To Bring Value To Customer Situations
- Deliver the Answers Your Customers Don’t Want to Hear
- How To Listen And Respond Rationally (Brain Control)
- When and How to Apologize
- Preempt Potentially Bad Situations Before They Become Problems
Prerequisites: Anyone who communicates with internal or external customers through face-to-face interactions, phone conversations, or by email.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Customer Focus
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Recertification Credit Hours: 3.5
Specified Credit Hours: HR
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
Professional Development Credits awarded: 3.5
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 4.5
Fields of Study: Communications, Personal Development
Duration: Half-day – 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Member Cost: $307; NonMember Cost: $407
CANCELATION POLICY: All registrations are firm. Substitutions are encouraged when the original registrant is unable to attend. A full credit will be given when the registrant cancels/reschedules MORE THAN two weeks prior to the date of the scheduled program.
No-shows/day of class cancelations will be billed in full. In the case of illness or a medical emergency, the registrant must notify AAIMEA and will then be offered the next date of the program at half price after the absence is paid in full.
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.