Human Resources - Intermediate
This course is an extension of AAIM’s Human Resource - Fundamentals course. This class will continue to focus on the understanding of human behavior in organizational effectiveness and individual outcomes. This session will take an active learning approach to selection, training, performance evaluation, and compensation decisions and provide practical, useful ideas and suggestions for handling HR matters.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of key Human Resources concepts and principles for planning, staff recruitment, orientation, management, and diversity and inclusion.
• Understand how to strengthen the Human Resource Management and support in their organizations.
• Know how to apply change management strategies when introducing new Human Resource Management methodologies.
• Have performance management strategies and know how to apply staff performance management systems.
• Know how to assess and improve staff motivation and engagement.
• Have an action plan detailing Human Resource Management practices and/or approaches based on the specific needs of the organization.
Topics that will be covered:
Organizational Strategy – Analyze organization’s internal and external business environments; Understand how organizations formulate and implement corporate, business and functional levels strategies.
Change Management – Identify the external and internal forces that cause change; gain the skills to understand how others react to change.
Diversity and Inclusion – Explore cultural, physical, socially constructed and psychological differences in people in the workplace; provide strategies for more inclusive workforce.
Staff Engagement –Discover how to create a work culture where desired behaviors are demonstrated.
Performance Management – Identify the uses of performance appraisals and the criteria to be established; analyze how performance appraisals are conducted
*** This is a series course ***
The course beginning on March 1st includes the following session dates:
3.1.18 / 3.15.18 / 3.22.18
The course beginning on May 8th includes the following session dates:
5.8.18 / 5.15.18 / 5.22.18
The course beginning on July 10th includes the following session dates:
7.10.18 / 7.17.18 / 7.24.18
The course beginning on November 1st includes the following session dates:
11.1.18 / 11.8.18 / 11.15.18
The course beginning on November 6th includes the following session dates:
11.6.18 / 11.13.18 / 11.20.18
Prerequisites: Completion of the HR Fundamentals Series or more than 3 years Human Resource experience.
Fields of Study: Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Decision Making, Diversity, Integrity and Ethics, Interpersonal Communications, Organizational Agility, Professional Work Environment, Leadership Communication and Staffing
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Intermediate | Duration: Three (3) Full days – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.