Successful Coaching Skills
As a supervisor, you are only as good as your people and the work they produce. Coaching is a highly visible and positive demonstration of your commitment to ongoing personal development and performance improvement. In this course, participants will learn to be successful coaches by learning tools and techniques to provide an effective blend of clear expectations, goal setting, monitoring, feedback, and ongoing communication.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Recognize specific coaching “targets” and opportunities.
• Develop general coaching strategies based on an employee’s skill and motivation levels.
• Identify the personal motivators of individual employees.
• Provide better day-to-day performance feedback.
• Effectively address and discuss performance issues/problems.
• Recognize when and how to utilize a more formal coaching process.
• Develop employee coaching/development plans.
Topics that will be covered:
• The Coaching Continuum–From Day-to-Day Feedback to Performance Appraisals
• Coaching Needs and Opportunities of Individual Employees
• Using a More Strategic Approach to Your Formal and Informal Coaching
• Recognizing “Coachable Moments” and Delivering Better “Curbside” Feedback
• Developing & Implementing Practical Coaching Plans
• Facilitating Productive Formal Coaching Sessions
Prerequisites: Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for coaching and developing the performance of other employees, and who want to improve their day-to- day feedback and coaching skills.
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required.
Competencies: Developing Others, Performance Management, Coaching
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Full day – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.