This three-day course provides an extension to those who have completed Human Resource Fundamentals. It will continue to focus on the understanding of human behavior in organizational effectiveness and individual outcomes. This program will take an active learning approach to selection, training, performance evaluation, and compensation decisions. Practical, usable ideas and suggestions for handling HR matters are offered.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of key Human Resources concepts and principles for planning, staff recruitment, orientation, management, and diversity and inclusion.
- Understand how to strengthen the Human Resource Management and support in their organizations.
- Know how to apply change management strategies when introducing new Human Resource Management methodologies.
- Have performance management strategies and know how to apply staff performance management systems.
- Know how to assess and improve staff motivation and engagement.
- Have an action plan detailing Human Resource Management practices and/or approaches based on the specific needs of the organization.
Topics that will be covered:
- Organizational Strategy - Analyze organization’s internal and external business environments; Understand how organizations formulate and implement corporate, business and functional levels strategies.
- Change Management - Identify the external and internal forces that cause change; gain the skills to understand how others react to change.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Explore cultural, physical, socially constructed and psychological differences in people in the workplace; provide strategies for more inclusive workforce
- Staff Engagement - Discover how to create a work culture where desired behaviors are demonstrated.
- Performance Management - Identify the uses of performance appraisals and the criteria to be established; analyze how performance appraisals are conducted.
Prerequisites: Completion of the HR Fundamentals Series or more than three years Human Resource experience.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 27
Fields of Study: Personnel/HR, Administrative Practices, Business Law, Communications, Personal Development
Duration: Three Full-days – 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Offering: Sept. 12, Sept. 26 and Oct. 10, 2017
Member Cost: $1200; NonMember Cost: $1500
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.