Every relationship–personal and professional–is dependent on communication. Successful projects and businesses depend on people accurately understanding one another. In this class you will learn to communicate with clarity, eliminate communication barriers, influence the actions and thoughts of others and respond assertively.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- recognize the strengths and weaknesses of your personal communication style.
- identify the communication style of others and how it impacts their ability to “hear you.”
- compose your messages to match your listeners’ information needs.
- give and receive feedback respectfully and assertively.
- professionally resolve conflict while being polite but assertive.
- improve and strengthen your relationships with everyone at work (and at home).
Topics that will be covered:
- Analyzing Your Personal DiSC© Assessment
- Recognizing the Strengths and Limitations of Each Personality Style
- Development of Your Approach to Personality Styles Different From Yours
- Nonverbal Signals You Send to Others (Stress, Anger, Etc.)
- Personal Barriers That Keep You From Communicating Assertively (not Passively or Aggressively)
- Stop, Look, and Listen Formula
- Addressing Negative Situations Assertively
Prerequisites: Individuals who wish to improve their ability to communicate with and understand others.
Advanced Preparation: Participants will receive information to complete a DiSC Profile about three weeks prior to the program date. The online profile must be completed prior to class.
Competencies: Interpersonal Communication
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Recertification Credit Hours: 7.5
Specified Credit Hours: HR
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
Professional Development Credits awarded: 7.5
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 9
Fields of Study: Communications, Personal Development
Duration: Full-day – 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Member Cost: $500; NonMember Cost: $700
CANCELATION POLICY: All registrations are firm. Substitutions are encouraged when the original registrant is unable to attend. A full credit will be given when the registrant cancels/reschedules MORE THAN two weeks prior to the date of the scheduled program.
No-shows/day of class cancelations will be billed in full. In the case of illness or a medical emergency, the registrant must notify AAIMEA and will then be offered the next date of the program at half price after the absence is paid in full.
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.