Grammar & Proofreading
Typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors can make your documents–and you–appear unprofessional and disreputable. In this class, participants will learn to fine-tune grammar and punctuation skills and how to avoid the most common writing errors. In addition, this course provides tools and techniques to proofread documents with greater speed and accuracy.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
• Spot hard-to-see mistakes.
• Proofread numbers accurately the first time.
• Catch commonly missed grammar glitches.
• Fix run-on sentences.
• Easily follow punctuation rules.
Topics that will be covered:
• Spelling and Your Kinesthetic Memory
• Grammar Glitches and How to Avoid Them
• Punctuation: Rules and Tips
• Standardized Proofreading Symbols
• The 12 Proven Proofreading Techniques
• Matching the Proofreading Technique to the Type of Material to be Reviewed
Prerequisites: Employees responsible for writing documents or emails that must be accurate and professional. Individuals who review and edit written material.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Written Communication
Fields of Study: Communications, Personal Development
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic to Intermediate | Duration: Full day – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.