Coaching is an integral part of success at all levels of management. As a supervisor, you are only as good as your people and the work they produce. Coaching is a highly visible and positive demonstration of your commitment to ongoing personal development and performance improvement. Your coaching can range from less formal, day-to-day feedback, to a very structured and formalized process. Regardless of the formality and approach, successful coaching requires an effective blend of clear expectations, goal setting, monitoring, feedback, and ongoing communication.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- recognize specific coaching “targets” and opportunities.
- develop general coaching strategies based on an employee’s skill and motivation levels.
- identify the personal motivators of individual employees.
- provide better day-to-day performance feedback.
- effectively address and discuss performance issues/problems.
- recognize when and how to utilize a more formal coaching process.
- develop employee coaching/development plans.
Topics that will be covered:
- The Coaching Continuum–From Day-to-Day Feedback to Performance Appraisals
- Coaching Needs and Opportunities of Individual Employees
- Using a More Strategic Approach to Your Formal and Informal Coaching
- Recognizing “Coachable Moments” and Delivering Better “Curbside” Feedback
- Developing & Implementing Practical Coaching Plans
- Facilitating Productive Formal Coaching Sessions
Prerequisites: Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for coaching and developing the performance of other employees, and who want to improve their day-to-day feedback and coaching skills.
Advanced Preparation: A Coaching Assessment Worksheet will be sent out about two-week's prior to the event date for you to complete and bring with you to class.
Competencies: Developing Others, Performance Management, Coaching
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Recertification Credit Hours: 7.5
Specified Credit Hours: HR
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
Professional Development Credits awarded: 7.5
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 9
Fields of Study: Personnel/HR, Personnel Development, Communications
Duration: Full-day – 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Member Cost: $425; NonMember Cost: $625
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.