Assertive Communication Skills
To be successful in today’s challenging workplace you must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently. This course teaches key communication skills that helps you speak, write, and behave in an assertive way, provides key strategies for overcoming mental roadblocks while building confidence, and gives you relationship strategies that build rapport and help overcome personality conflicts.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
• Speak, write and behave in an assertive rather than passive or aggressive way.
• Project a confident image that earns respect.
• Use tactful ways to persuade and influence people.
• Handle disagreements in a smooth, non-threatening way.
• Say "No" without feeling guilty or creating resentment.
Topics that will be covered:
• “Passive, Assertive, Aggressive - What's the difference?”
• Overcoming mental roadblocks while building confidence
• Relationship strategies that build rapport and help overcome personality conflicts
• Key communication skills that help you get what you need, when you need it
• Exercises to build your assertive abilities fast
Prerequisites: Business professionals, team leaders, customer service and sales representatives who are seeking that extra edge in day-to-day situations to get the job done, get what you want, build better relationships, earn respect and improve career prospects.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Field of Study: Interpersonal Communication
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Overview | Duration: Full day – 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.