Leaders in organizations frequently speak about creating a culture of 'accountability'. But what is 'accountability'? Why is it important and what does it look like in a high performance organization? In this seminar, managers and leaders will learn the components of accountability and how they can both build and be part of a culture of accountability.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- describe the three major components of accountability.
- create clear agreements with others that promote accountability.
- use the 'language' of accountability to discuss projects and performance.
- use techniques and strategies that empower others to take ownership of projects.
- identify strategies for implementing accountability in your own workgroup.
Topics that will be covered:
- The Definition of Accountability
- The Language of Accountability
- Making Clear Agreements
- Do's and Don't's of Empowering Others
- Overcoming Barriers to Success - Meeting Project Challenges
- Holding Others Accountable
- Guidelines for Reviewing Results
- Action Planning
Prerequisites: Managers, supervisors, team leads, and project leaders.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Goal Setting, Leadership Communication, Motivating Others, Performance Management
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic to Intermediate
Recertification Credit Hours: 3.5
Specified Credit Hours: HR
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
Professional Development Credits: 3.5
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 4.5
Fields of Study: Communications, Personal Development, Personnel/HR
Duration: Half-day – 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Member Cost: $307; NonMember Cost: $407
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.