As a supervisor, you are only as good as your people and the work they produce. This series course is designed to provide critical management skills to perform duties and responsibilities required of a management member. Participants will be able to develop a clear understanding of their job responsibilities as a supervisor, gain insight into their leadership style, and understand the basic skills needed to be an effective supervisor.
Each day will cover two topic modules:
Module 1: Cultivating Situational Leadership
• Leadership expectations of you as a supervisor
• Your team's expectations
• Role & responsibilities
Module 2: Communication and Your Personal Style
• Communication models and assumptions
• Your communication style
• Recognizing the styles of others
• Listening skills
Module 3: Implementing Effective Motivation
• Creating a motivational environment
• Solving motivation problems
• Principles of rewards, reinforcement, and punishment
Module 4: High-Performance Coaching
• What is coaching and why is it important?
• Tips & techniques for preparing and writing coaching plans & conducting coaching sessions
• Setting better performance goals
Module 5: Mastering Conflict Resolution
• Recognizing the sources of conflict
• Defusing negative behavior
• Conflict Style Inventory: How your style contributes to the cycle of conflict in your team
• The process for resolving conflicts
Module 6: Personal Productivity
• Personal productivity principles
• Identifying time challenges
• Effectively utilizing delegation
• Managing inboxes – real and electronic
• Organizing your actions and your workspace
Prerequisites: Managers, supervisors and leaders in all types of workplace environments.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Interpersonal Communications, Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making, Business Acumen, Organization, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Performance Management, Team Management, Developing Others, Conflict Management, Motivating Others, Coaching, Diversity Awareness
Fields of Study: Personnel/HR, Communications, Production
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Three (3) Full days: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.