This series is designed to provide critical management skills to perform duties and responsibilities required of a management member. Participants will be able to develop a clear understanding of their job responsibilities as a supervisor, gain insight into their leadership style and understand the basic skills needed to be an effective supervisor.
Each day will cover two topic modules:
Module 1: Cultivating Situational Leadership
- Leadership expectations of you as a supervisor
- Your team's expectations
- Role & responsibilities
Module 2: Communication and Your Personal Style
- Communication models and assumptions
- Your Communication style
- Recognizing the styles of others
- Listening skills
Module 3: Implementing Effective Motivation
- Creating a motivational environment
- Solving motivation problems
- Principles of rewards, reinforcement, and punishment
Module 4: High Performance Coaching
- What is coaching and why is it important?
- Tips & techniques for preparing and writing coaching plans & conducting coaching sessions
- Setting better performance goals
Module 5: Mastering Conflict Resolution
- Recognizing the sources of conflict
- Defusing negative behavior
- Conflict Style Inventory: How your style contributes to the cycle of conflict in your team
- The Process for Resolving Conflicts
Module 6: Personal Productivity
- Personal productivity principles
- Identifying time challenges
- Effectively utilizing delegation
- Managing inboxes - real and electronic
- Organizing your actions and your workspace
Prerequisites: Managers, supervisors and leaders in all types of workplace environments.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Competencies: Interpersonal Communications, Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making, Business Acumen, Organization, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Performance Management, Team Management, Developing Others, Conflict Management, Motivating Others, Coaching, Diversity Awareness
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
|HRCI Accreditation Applied For:
Recertification Credit Hours: 19.5
Specified Credit Hours: HR
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
|SHRM Accreditation Applied For:
Professional Development Credits awarded: 19.5
||AAIM Employers’ Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Recommended CPE Credits: 23
Fields of Study: Personnel/HR, Communications, Production
Duration: 3 Full-days; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm each day
October 19, November 17 & December 5, 2017
Cost: AAIM Members: $1440; Non-Members: $2040
For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancelation policies, please contact AAIM’s Research and Solutions Team at 314-968-3600.