Presentation Skills is an interactive course designed to help professionals speak efficiently and effectively by teaching ways to prepare and deliver presentations, and engage audiences. This course provides an encouraging environment where participants can “get their feet wet” in the art of public speaking.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Control stage fright and use your nervous energy to your advantage.
• Use a simple five-step method for crafting any speech.
• Overcome the obstacles that trip up most speakers.
• Make the most of your natural speaking style.
• Speak in such a way that your audience will know what you want them to do.
Topics that will be covered:
• Overcoming Nervousness
• Establishing Credibility
• Analyzing Audiences
• Designing Presentations that Get Results
• Practicing Physical Delivery Skills in Everyday Life
Prerequisites: Individuals who have little or no experience speaking to groups or who want to become more polished in making presentations.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advance preparation needed.
Field of Study: Public Speaking
Delivery Method: Group-Live | Course Level: Basic | Duration: Half day – 8:00am - 12:00pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.