Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking is the foundation of most essential workplace skills including problem solving, decision making, leadership and strategic thinking. In this course, participants will learn ways to find new solutions, tips to avoid emotional thinking, and methods to work together more efficiently.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Define the key steps of critical thinking.
• Use techniques to analyze problems at a deeper level.
• Recognize and avoid critical thinking mistakes.
• Implement the critical thinking process at your organization.
Topics that will be covered:
• Characteristics of Critical Thinking
• Curiosity--Awareness--Flexibility--Common Sense
• Critical Thinking Mistakes
• Avoiding Rationalization and Emotional Thinking
• The Critical Thinking Process
• Turning Thinking into Action
Prerequisites: Individuals that are required to solve problems, evaluate new opportunities and make process decisions.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advanced preparation for this course.
Fields of Study: Business Acumen, Decision Making, Problem Solving
Delivery Method: Group-Live |Course Level: Basic to Intermediate |Duration: Half day – 8:00am – 12:00pm
Continuing Education/Recertification Credits: CPE Credits, HRCI Recertification Credits and SHRM Professional Development Credits may be available for this course.